ABOUT OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
When diffused, oregano is employed to boost immune function, especially during the cold and flu season, and to support respiratory function to help ease mucuos production. Properly diluted (1% or less), oregano may be used topically to enhance immunity and circulation on the head and sinuses, mouth and skin. Oil of oregano is also known for boosting and strengthening immune function and for helping to regulate menstruation.
Floracopeia’s Greek Oregano is high in Carvacrol (almost 82%) and low in Thymol.
HOW TO USE OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
Oregano oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or used with a diffuser. Please note that every application should be highly diluted (1% oregano oil, 99% carrier oil).
- Add one drop to a glass of water and swish in mouth (but do not swallow) for gum and tooth health.
- Add several drops to a squirt bottle of water to purify surfaces.
- Add a drop to warm bathwater to help strengthen the immune system and to support digestion.
- Diffuse oregano oil during cold and flu season to enhance respiratory strength.
OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPE
- Respiratory Blend: 8 drops ravensare oil, 3 drops oregano oil, 3 drops thyme oil and 3 drops rosewood oil. Use in steam therapy.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
Due to its high thymol content, oregano oil is a dermocaustic, “hot” oil and a mucous membrane irritant. Never apply oregano oil undiluted to skin or to mucous membranes. Do not take oregano essential oil internally.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF OREGANO ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Warm, spicy-herbaceous, and camphoraceous
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: Herbaceous, wood and conifer oils such as rosemary oil, cypress oil, cedarwood oil, tea tree oil and eucalyptus oils, and florals such as lavender oil and chamomile oil.
- Botanical Name: Origanum heraclioticum
- Family: Labiatae
- Composition: 100% Pure Oregano Essential Oil
- Origin: Greece
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Plant Part: Aerial parts
- Color: Pale yellow to pale grey-green
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 1.2%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)